Anna Maria Island Vacation Rental list of “Best Practices”
Suggested Best Practices for seasonal rental properties on Anna Maria Island
1) Rear Door trash pick-up and recycling signed up for all properties or property owner has arranged for service twice a week.
2) 4 bedrooms or more – 2 trash cans required. 7 bedrooms or more, 3 trash cans required
3) Hand out flier which informs guests they are staying in a residential community and be conscious there are neighbors. In addition strict 10 PM curfew on noise.
4) Company requires amount of day guests, occupants and parking or special parking needs and cross check to maximum occupancy allowed.
5) Property manager supply rental list quarterly. Have emergency line so any disruption after 10 PM at a vacation rental can be attended to by manager within half an hour of complaint call from police. One warning and second is eviction.
6) Encourage new owners and current owners to meet their neighbors and provide property management details of who to contact in case a guest is creating a disturbance.
7) Written confirmation must contain language in regards to strict occupancy and noise guidelines. We suggest the guest is required to sign the confirmation.
8) Evacuation maps, emergency lighting as well as correct fire extinguisher is required to be readily available at each vacation rental.